Nagaoka Muslim Association (NAMAS)
NAMAS was refounded on 11th January 2009 in a meeting held by the local Muslim community after the Friday prayers. In early 90’s, NAMAS once was an active organization in Nagaoka lead by Indonesian students and was successfully conducted daily programs for surau and also had published monthly risalah for the local Islam community.
- To foster the brotherhood among Muslims and improve their obedience to Islamic teachings.
- To cultivate the understandings between Muslims and non-Muslims in Nagaoka.
- To take care of the welfare and to solve the problems of the Muslim community in Nagaoka
Organization Chart for NAMAS 2010/2011
- Chairman : Mohammed Forhad Uddin (Bangladesh)
- Vice Chairman : Naim Othman (Malaysia)
- Secretary : Muhammad Nur Farhan Saniman (Malaysia)
- Treasurer : Sofian Mohd (Malaysia)
Representative From Other Countries
- Bangladesh : Forhad Uddin
- Indonesia : Pak Puwardi Raharjo & Pak Deden Dian
- Thailand : Muhammad Madden
- Sri Lanka : Althaff Irfan
- Weekly meeting regarding the Mosque’s Project
- Perform daily prayers including Friday prayer.
- Perform Tarawih prayer and Iftar during Holy Ramadhan.
- Arrange Eid prayer and Eid parties every year.
- Conduct Iqra class for children.
- Tazkirah and ta’alim sessions.
- Tadarus and tafseer al-Quran every Friday Maghrib.